Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Brain MRI Scheduled

I just scheduled my brain MRI for August 10th at 2:00 PM. I have a follow up with the original neurosurgeon on August 27th at 10:00 AM.

Why the delay you ask? Because I have to pick up a CD of the films from the hospital and bring it with me to the appointment and I didn't want to risk not being able to get them in time for the only other available appointment on the 13th. Since this isn't life or death, I'm low on the appointment priority. They have to leave openings for the really serious neurological people.

I'm going to call and make an appointment with UCLA. The doctor there is on the medical advisory board for ASAP (found that out in the info I got yesterday) so I might as well get his opinion while I wait to hear from Colorado.

2 comments:

http://Cardunow.blogspot.com said...

Hi...I live in Florida and stumbled on your blog....what a stream of events .....My daughter
had brain surgery from a ruptured aneurysm...and is doing wonderfully....I wish you good Dr's...and great results...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. I have to wait another month? I hope I can.

This is just my story of my experience with Chiari. Until I was diagnosed, I'd never heard of it, and I just want more people to be aware of it. I'm not a doctor, so don't quote me on any of this stuff - k? If you are looking for information about Chiari Malformation, a lot of the more informative posts are the older ones.